Scotts Weekly Review – Safe and Sound Car Seat
This weeks product review is on Safe & Sound Car Seat, Pyper has just about grown out of her capsule, I’m a bit sad about that as it meant we had to buy another car seat … so more money down the drain. But once again it’s all about safety so there’s no excuse really.
We got the Safe&Sound Car Seat as a gift and initially I thought “it’s a good looking car seat”. Here’s what I found:
- Certified up to a weight of 18kgs
- Sturdy with lots of cushions and padding
- Pretty dirt resistant from what I can tell
- Needs hooks in the car to lock the seat in place
- Only reclines in the back facing position
- Quite expensive
- It has a 3 point (6 straps) harness – quite complicated to put on and secure
This is a car seat that could be made a lot better, and unfortunately it wasn’t until we installed it around 6 months later that we decided that we didn’t like it. It’s hard to use and not very good to get young children in and out (quickly). It’s too bulky (and heavy) and the harness isn’t very user friendly at all.
So my overall verdict is 3/10 … I can’t say I recommend it.