Top 10 things to do on Father’s Day
With only a few days to go – here’s a list to help you decide HOW you are going to spend YOUR day on Sunday! (also check out the “top 10 sites you MUST visit before Father’s Day”).
The DIYFather list of top things to do on Father’s Day:
- find your all time favourite song/tune – play it to your kids and explain why you like it, when you first heard it etc. If you have an instrument and can play it to them – even better!
- teach the little ones one of your “tricks” – could be a party trick, your secret method for something or a skill. If you have a young baby show them something that haven’t discovered yet, e.g. how to blow raspberries, blink or stack blocks.
- plant something that grows with your kids … like a tree or a seed, and make a wish. Watch it grow over the next few months / years
- let your kids dress you and style your hair (if you have a baby, dress them in something you usually wear and take a photo)
- take a short time out and have some “me” time. Relax, do something you really enjoy or do nothing at all
- visit a place with your kids that YOU have never been to
- connect with your dad in some way. If he’s passed away – visit his grave or find a memento
- have a water gargling contest with your kids or gargle to your baby / partner
- hop on youtube and find a snippet of your favourite show when you were a kid – play it to your kids
- light a candle for yourself or get your kids / family to do it. Pat yourself on the back – you’re a great dad!
NEXT ARTICLE: “Top 10 sites you MUST visit before Father’s Day”.