Dads top 10 things to make a baby go to sleep
Don’t you wish getting your baby to sleep were always as easy as this:
Here’s a list of top 10 tricks dads use to get their baby to sleep:
- White Noise (playing a white noise CD or switching on a household appliance that generates white noise, like a vaccum cleaner)
- Hypnosis … err getting them to look at a moving complex object (like a mobile)
- Cruising (yup, putting the baby in a car – no matter what time of day or night it is – and going for a drive)
- Walking the baby (putting the baby in a stroller or buggy and going for a walk – the slightly more exercise conscious version of “cruising”)
- Tuning the radio (TV) to an empty channel (hard to find these days) – this is similar to the white noise option
- Making “shhhhhhhh” sounds and all sorts of other sounds
- Bathing the baby (needs to be done about 30 minutes before bedtime to be effective)
- Reading … boring stories work really well (most dads prefer the latest tax report or telephone book … needs to be read in a monotonous voice)
- Singing – yes dads have been known to sign to their babies
- Reading the “go the f.. to sleep” book (not really … that doesn’t do anything for the baby but might get a chuckle out of dad on the first few pages … after that dad will probably fall asleep with the book).
Whatever you do – good luck and have a good night!