Separating dads info – mission update
We are about half way in our publishing schedule of information for separated / separating dads. Check out the following articles if you are in this situation and are looking for practical information written in plain English.
- Are we really separating?
- What happens to separated dads in New Zealand?
- Breaking the news – how do I (we) break the news about separating to our children?
- How does the Child Support Act 1991 affect dads?
- What are my responsibilities under the Care of Children Act 2004?
- How do I arrange day-to-day care of children and what are my legal responsibilities?
- How do I engage a lawyer and why do I need one?
- What should I do about my affairs, wills, trusts to make sure my children are financially looked after without my ex partner being involved?
- How can I constructively organize and manage Shared Parenting Planning with my ex?
- How can we provide Positive Parenting (Child Focus) even though we are apart?
- The new partner – what rules and boundaries am I going to put into place around my new partner and my children?
- How do I repair any damage or hurt with my children after separation?
- What am I going to do with the kids when they are with me?
- How can I use my role as a separated dad to plan a positive future for my children?
- Where can I get good, commonsense support for parenting as a single dad?
Over the next few weeks we will provide further information on other topics including “Looking after yourself”, “Handling special occassions” and “Dealing with specific issues”.